Part 3 of 3: Live the middle way. From the middle, you can see the light in every dark situation.
From the middle, you can see the connection between dark and light because from the middle, you can see everything, dark, light, and all the shades in-between. If you can see the light when you're in darkness, even a glimmer, then you can be grateful in your darkest moments.
In fact, the more you practice being in the middle, you'll be able to expand your gratitude practice because you can always see the good (light) in all your bad (dark) situations. This is definitely a super power to have! Here are my 10 examples of how suffering can expand your gratitude practice despite a challenging experience:
1. When a loved one dies, you're grateful for the time you had with that person.
2. When your romantic relationship falls apart, you're grateful to have had the opportunity to experience romance.
3. When you fail at a goal, you're grateful for the lessons you learned from the failure.
4. When you face financial hardship, you're grateful for every little thing you have that helps you get by.
5. When you provide value for others but get attacked by opposition or critics, you're grateful for your ability to create value for others and evolve.
6. When facts in litigation aren't believed by the trier of fact where you face fines, jail, and/or unfavorable rulings you're grateful that you had the opportunity to tell what happened.
7. When you can no longer drive a vehicle, you're grateful for public transportation or private sector transportation programs.
8. When your health declines, you're grateful for still being alive and having what abilities you still have.
9. When you're wronged by people, you're grateful for all the positive people in your life.
10. When your life appears to be in turmoil, you're grateful that you were born to even have a shot at life.
Positive Masters is an e-commerce store at www.positivemasters.com , which provides lifestyle practices, creative writing, apparel, accessories, and fashion to boost your happiness and counter any stress, anxiety, or sadness you may be facing. We offer free shipping for purchases of $50 or more!
Leave a comment